~~How Long Will A Polytunnel Last?
There is no reason why our galvanised steel polytunnel frames would not last 30 years and more. The polythene
cover will need replacing, although the polythene supplied has been developed with resistance against
sunlight. The additives in a polytunnel cover prevent UV degradation for up to 5 years and it is not uncommon
for a cover to last 8-10 years.
How easy is it to construct a Polytunnel
We supply a full set of instructions, but if you need extra help don't hesitate to contact us.
Do I Need Planning Permission For a Tunnel?
Normally you do not need planning permission for a domestic size or garden polytunnel to be sited in your garden.
• In general you do not need planning permission for polytunnels. However you will need to apply for planning permission if the polytunnel is nearer to any road than the nearest part of the house, unless there’s at least 20m between the polytunnel and a road
• If the polytunnel would have any part forward of the front of the house.
• If the polytunnel would be more than 3m in height.
• If the polytunnel is to be sited in a field, then change of use may apply
• If the site on which you intend to construct the polytunnel has a listed building or is in a Conservation Area,
a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, There are further restrictions to planning within these
• If the polytunnel would be for commercial use
• If you want to build a large commercial polytunnel or more than one tunnel, or If you are in any doubt, a call to your local planning department will determine if planning permission or change of use is required.
Do You Offer A Construction Service?
Please contact us as we are able to help in many areas of the country.
Why Choose A Ferryman Polytunnel?
Ferryman Polytunnels has been manufacturing Polytunnels for over 30 years, We pride ourselves on good
sound advice and a range of quality tunnels.
The versatile range of Ferryman Polytunnels products offers a choice of over 650 kit options to help you - the grower - select the very best Polytunnel for your particular situation.
Ferryman Polytunnels are renowned for their solid build, top quality and specialist design. We are able to offer the following as standard.
Wide doorways wider than many of our competitors. Good for access and ventilation.
Unique designed sleeve joiners for ease of construction.
Only one join in a complete hoop makes for a stronger construction.
I Need More Help
Please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on 01363 84948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be happy to assist with any further queries or questions you may have.